In accordance with our mission “Bayer: Science For A Better Life”, it is our goal to contribute to an improvement of the global quality of life through our research, our products and our business activities. In this process, we aim to use natural resources responsibly, in so doing promoting biodiversity and thus recognizing the diversity of species, the diversity of ecosystems and genetic diversity.
Biodiversity is of relevance for Bayer particularly with respect to the products and technologies of our subgroup Bayer CropScience. We advocate sustainable agriculture. It is our task to meet increasing human demands for sufficient high-quality food supplies while combining this with the protection of healthy ecosystems and biodiversity through
- innovative products that help farmers and growers to increase production efficiency in order to reduce land consumption for farming, thus preserving space for valuable, species-rich ecosystems,
- the implementation of sustainable crop growing methods and intelligent farm management together with our customers,
- guidance on an appropriate and targeted application of crop protection products,
- the integration of biodiversity-enhancing measures and integrated crop protection in modern agriculture, e.g. through research on our model farms,
- the support of further projects that foster compatibility between modern agriculture and biodiversity.
By engaging in a constant dialog with our customers, maintaining partnerships with industry and working on projects with local and international organizations and stakeholders, we hope to encourage knowledge sharing and to help protect and improve biodiversity on location.