Bayer Named Hawaii’s Best Place to Work for Second Consecutive Year

With all the COVID-19 challenges, we wanted to take a moment to share a bit of happy news and send a heartfelt mahalo to our wonderful employees. Bayer has been named the 2020 Hawaii’s Best Place to Work by Hawaii Business Magazine. Among the top companies that made the list, Bayer Hawaii took first place for the second consecutive year in the Large Companies Category of 250 or more employees. And for the first time ever, Bayer came in third place in the Best Companies for LGBTQ+ Equality category.


“As a proud contributor to Hawaii’s agriculture industry for more than 50 years, we are so proud to be recognized by Hawaii Business Magazine as one of Hawaii’s best places to work,” said Alan Takemoto, government affairs lead Hawaii at Bayer. “With more than 600 employees across all of our farms on Oahu, Maui and Molokai, it is our priority at Bayer Hawaii to provide a safe and rewarding work environment. We will continue to put our employees first in everything we do.”


Bayer Community Service Day – Maui 2019


Contributing factors to the accolade include Bayer Hawaii’s competitive benefits and rewards, including customizable health and retirement packages. Personal development assistance, an employee bonus program, tuition reimbursement for continuing education, auto and homeowners/renters insurance, a generous vacation schedule, and unique family-friendly programs are also offered to help employees keep the right balance of work and family life.


Celebrating after winning Hawaii Business Magazine’s 2019 ‘Best Places to Work’

Hawaii Business Magazine partners with the research firm, Best Companies Group, to conduct a confidential employee survey that measures satisfaction and engagement. The results of those surveys account for 75 percent of a company’s score, while the other 25 percent of is based on company benefits, workplace rules and other factors.


To view the full list of Hawaii Business Magazine’s 2020 ‘Best Places to Work’, visit


Hawaii’s Best Place to Work 2019 ceremony


Recent Posts