- These rules apply to this competition and prize draw sponsored by Bayer (Pty) Ltd (“Bayer”).
- This competition is free to enter. The competition is not dependent on recommendation/prescription /purchase of any product.
- To enter the competition all 3 questions must be answered correctly.
- The information provided will be used for the purpose of this competition.
- The governing law to apply, in respect of this competition, is that of the Republic of South Africa and WASPA.
2. Eligibility and entry restrictions
- Entrants must be a registered gynaecologist or general practitioner who is a registered delegate for the SASUOG 2021 Congress.
- All entrants must reside in South Africa.
- Entrants may not be a Bayer employee, a Bayer agent, nor an employee of any person or organisation involved in the running of the competition and may not be a family relation of any such person.
- The maximum number of entries to this competition per person is 1 per day.
3. Start and closing dates
- The competition shall open for the duration of the SASUOG 2021 congress, with entries being submitted from 14:00 – 18:00 on Friday 27th August; 12:00 – 17:35 on Saturday 28th August and from 09:00 - 11:35 on Sunday 29th August, respectively.
- Any entries received before the opening or after the closing of the competition will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of all these terms and conditions.
- To enter simply submit the completed unique questionnaire for the day after you have scanned the QR code that will be shared on the screen during the meeting on each day.
- To be eligible for the daily lucky draw all 3 questions in the questionnaire must be answered correctly.
- Competition entries shall be judged and winners drawn based on those criteria specified in relation to the competition.
- If a competition entrant does not meet the eligibility requirements or is subject to any entry restrictions, that entrant shall not be entitled to be adjudged a winner and will not be entitled to a prize in any circumstances.
- Bayer’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. Winners and prizes
- Four prizes will be awarded for each day of the SASUOG 2021 Congress.
- The daily prize, per person, will be one 19cm Crocodile Forceps.
- Competition prize winners will be notified, via email, of the competition result by not more than 7 days following the closing date of the competition, as specified in 3, which will be no later than Sunday 4 September 2021 .
- Delivery of the prize could take up to 4 weeks from date of announcement.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the prize winner for 7 days, however, if the winner fails to respond to notification attempts within this time or provide an address for delivery of the prize, or fails to meet any of the eligibility requirements, or is otherwise unable to comply with the competition terms and conditions, Bayer reserves the right to disqualify such entrant, and offer the prize to the next eligible entrant and thereafter until a winner is found.
- The results of the competition will be announced on our Bayer website, and the SASUOG website as well as the SASOG website, following the closing date of the competition. The announcement will include the name of each prize winner.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. (Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.)
- The Crocodile Forceps guarantee legalities will be provided by the supplier.
6. Data Declaration
- By completing this competition questionnaire, you will be providing to Bayer personal data for the purposes of obtaining insight into your views on particular topics as well as for Bayer’s own internal purposes (which include processing the information for the purposes of validating entries and awarding prizes), which will include but is not limited to validating the answers submitted by the winners are correct, and in the event of an internal audit, that the process was implemented at the highest standard, for which data will be kept by Bayer in accordance with the data privacy laws of South Africa and Bayer’s own data privacy policies.
- Your personal data will be stored by Bayer as detailed above, for as long as Bayer requires it for the purposes that have been listed. To the extent that Bayer may transfer the data to other Bayer affiliates or third-party service providers, for the purposes of processing your competition entry, contacting you should you be a prize winner or delivering the prize to you, your data will only be processed according to the relevant data privacy laws and Bayer’s strict directives.
- Should entrants at any stage wish to withdraw consent to the above, or access, verify or amend data stored by Bayer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Bayer collects personal information in order to conduct the competition and may for this purpose disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to, prize suppliers and as required, to South African regulatory authorities.
- By entering this competition, entrants consent to the collection and use of personal information as set forth herein.
- All entries become the property of Bayer.
7. What happens to entries?
- Competition entries will be stored for 3 years
- We may undertake publicity activities relating to competitions and prize awards.
- The winners will be requested to agree to use of their names, photographs and disclosure of town or region of residence in any post-prize-winning publicity names, surnames, towns or regions of residence and prize details.
9. Our details
- This prize competition is run by Bayer (Pty) Ltd; Pharmaceutical Division; Women’s Health
- Our registered office is 27 Wrench Road; Isando; 1600
- You can contact us via Estie Beukes:
by telephone, on 011 921 5052
by email, using the email address email@example.com