Application and Recruitment Process
Bayer Israel LTD 36 Hacharash Hod Hasharon, Israel and Bayer AG, 51368 Leverkusen, Germany (hereinafter “us”, “our” and “we”), and the respective affiliated company of the Bayer group offering the open position for which you want to apply for ("you", and "your"), wish to provide you with information on the processing of your
Personal Data as set out below. Unless otherwise described in the following sections, we are the controller of your Personal Data.
“Personal Data”, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
1 Purposes of processing and categories of Personal Data
The following Personal Data will be processed for the following purposes:
To facilitate applications on vacant positions, process of selection and contract initiation we create candidate profiles within our talent acquisition systems, which may contain:
- Your private master data, e.g. name, address, private email and telephone number, date of birth, nationality.
- Information about your qualifications you provided, e.g. educational background, work history, skills and competencies.
- Application documents you provided, e.g. your CV, a resume, reference letters and/or a cover letter.
In case you already are an employee of the Bayer group your candidate profile will be added by the following information from the HR systems:
- Your personnel number and CWID
- Your business contact details, e.g. email, telephone number and address
- Your current position, business unit and company
- Your current managers name and contact details
- Available slots in your business calendar (there will be no details as of title, participants etc. shared, the view will be limited to your availability. In case required - in your role as e.g. Hiring Manager you need to proactively authorize).
Selection and recruitment
In order to make the selection for the vacant position and to fulfill the administrative tasks in the frame of the recruitment process (e.g. communication with you, interview scheduling, contract initiation, involvement of works council), the company of the Bayer group offering the position you applied for, will use the respective data from your candidate profile that is necessary in this respect. Such company is acting in this regard as sole controller of your respective Personal Data.
Pro-active information about other job offers
On our registration site, you can optionally choose to be informed about other job offers in your country or world-wide. Based on your prior consent, we will use Personal Data from your candidate profile to identify job offers that may be of interest to you (especially information about your qualifications you provided, e.g. educational background, work history, skills and competencies) and we will use your e-mail address to provide you with the job offers.
To help match your candidate profile with a possible job position, we will use a profiling algorithm that looks at the skills in the job description and historical selection criteria to create the position calibration, supported by candidate pipelines and the match score of candidates and applicants. However, please be assured that no decision will be based solely on automated processing (no automated decision making).
Subscription to our information on talent marketing activities
On our registration site, you may subscribe to receive more general insights about Bayer (invitation to events or open day sessions, forums, congresses, career insights, etc.) via e-mail or other electronic means (e.g. messaging apps, SMS, etc.). Based on your prior consent, we will use your contact information for providing you with such information.
Evaluation and improvement of Human Resources function, processes, and services.
We may analyze your Personal Data to evaluate our services and to improve our HR function and processes. Analyses will be carried out pseudonymized, anonymized, or in aggregated manner whenever possible. Any corresponding reporting will be done in an aggregated form only which means that it does not contain your Personal Data anymore.
2 Transfer of Personal Data
Apart from us and the company offering the open position, other affiliated companies of the Bayer group may access your Personal Data to process it on our behalf.
Furthermore, we will to some extent also use specialized service contractors providing services on our behalf, for the processing of your Personal Data, such as IT services. Such service contractors are carefully selected and regularly monitored by us.
Based on respective data processing agreements, they will only process Personal Data in accordance with our instructions and for the purposes as specified in this Privacy Statement.
2.2 Third countries
Your Personal Data may be transferred to service contractors and or within the Bayer Group to countries outside of Israel, including the USA. For such transfers, we have provided appropriate data privacy safeguards and/or contractual arrangements, as required under applicable law.
3 Retention period for Personal Data
Your application documents will be stored for twenty-four months after the application process is finished and the position is filled.
Your candidate profile will be stored as follows:
- If you select the option not to be informed about job offers, your candidate profile will be deleted corresponding to your application documents. If you apply for more than one positions, the latest application will trigger the deletion of your candidate profile.
- If you select the option to be informed about job offers, your candidate profile will be stored until you change this option.
- For active employees of the Bayer group, the candidate profile will not be deleted. However, information provided by the data subject can be updated and removed from the candidate profile at any time through the editing function.
You are not obligated to provide us with your Personal Data, and you voluntarily chose to share it with us for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
5 Information regarding your rights
The following rights are in general available to you according to applicable data privacy laws:
- Right of information about your Personal Data stored by us;
- Right to review the information held on you by us.
- Right to request the correction of inaccurate Personal Data and to have any incomplete data completed.
- Right to ask for deletion of Personal Data; the decision in such request will be according to our discretion.
Please note, however, that we reserve the right to enforce statutory restrictions on our part, for example if we are obliged to retain or process certain data, have an overriding interest or need the data for asserting claims.
If you wish to exercise your rights, please address your request to the contact indicated below.
For any questions you may have with respect to data privacy, please contact: Bayer Israel Data Protection Officer, 36 Hacharash street, Hod Hasharon, Israel or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7 Amendment of Privacy Statement
We may update our Privacy Statement from time to time. Updates of our Privacy Statement will be published via link on our registration website. Any amendments become effective upon publication on our registration website. We therefore recommend that you regularly visit this Privacy Statement to keep yourself informed on possible updates.