The importance of Medical Content on Social Media
Bayer advances ways to improve healthcare for everyone. Within our vision of Health for all, Hunger for None, we are a part of an industry where digital technologies, social media and global stakeholder initiatives have opened the door to a comprehensive and patient-centric approach to healthcare, to make a difference in people’s lives.
Patients, medical associations, and physicians operating online have significantly influenced healthcare in various ways. The emergence and widespread adoption of online platforms have brought about notable changes in how healthcare is delivered, accessed, and perceived.
Now, when medical stakeholders are active on social media and offer relevant, accurate, firsthand information, and engage in an open discussion – we call it Social MEDing.
In Israel, Bayer offers Health Care Professionals an opportunity to participate in the growing impact of social media platforms, by joining our Social MEDing initiative.
The initiative encourages an increase of social media activity by medical stakeholder. Bayer invites you to join this journey in which you will learn how and why to be active on social media.
By doing Social MEDing you can:
- Contribute to the availability of relevant and accurate medical information
- Diversify your means of connecting with your patients
- Gain more insights from colleagues
Our social MEDing community is active in several channels:
- Face to face meetings where we learn together from experts how to be present on social media and what is the right social media channel for every HCP
- WhatsApp group where we exchange knowledge between peers, provide tips on social media and discuss on preferred ways to communicate on social platforms- To join the group please contact us by email to email@example.com
Patients, medical associations, and physicians operating online have significantly influenced how healthcare is delivered, accessed, and perceived.
- Patient Empowerment: Online platforms empowered patients with easy access to medical information, allowing them to become more informed about their health conditions, treatment options, and preventive measures.
- Health Education and Awareness: Online platforms are a valuable resource for health education and raising awareness about medical conditions, public health initiatives, and prevention. Available accurate information can help people better understand their conditions and treatment options
- Medical associations and physicians use social media, websites, and other online channels to deliver accurate health information to a broader audience.
- Patient Support Communities: Enable individuals with similar health conditions to connect, share experiences, and provide emotional support.