The aggregate compensation for the members of the Board of Management in 2016 totaled €28,445 thousand, comprising €7,049 thousand in non-performance-related components and €21,396 thousand in performance-related components. The pension service cost amounted to €2,887 thousand.
Changes in the membership of the Board of Management in 2016 were as follows:
- Effective January 1, 2016, Dr. Hartmut Klusik succeeded Michael König as the member of the Board of Management responsible for Human Resources, Technology and Sustainability.
- In addition to the existing functions, three further functions were created effective January 1, 2016, which bear special responsibility for the newly defined operating divisions of the Group. The following new members were appointed to the Board of Management:
- Dieter Weinand, responsible for the Pharmaceuticals Division
- Erica Mann, responsible for the Consumer Health Division
- Liam Condon, responsible for the Crop Science Division
- The Board of Management service contract of Dr. Marijn Dekkers was early terminated by mutual agreement effective April 30, 2016.
- Werner Baumann was appointed Chairman of the Board of Management of Bayer AG in succession to Dr. Dekkers effective May 1, 2016.
As of December 31, 2016, the Board of Management of Bayer AG consisted of seven members.
The following table shows the total compensation of the individual members of the Board of Management who served in 2015 and/or 2016 according to the German Commercial Code: