- At a Glance
Management & Governance
- Sustainability Management
- Bayer Sustainability Council
- Stakeholder Dialogue
- UN Global Compact
- Group Regulations
- Protection of Biodiversity
- Modern Slavery Act Statement
- Position on Global Product Strategy
- Position on Responsible Care
- Bayer Water Position
- Position on Deforestation and Forest Degradation
- Postion on Insect Decline
- Raising the Bar on Crop Protection Safety Standards
- UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Responsible Business Conduct
- Climate, Environment and Safety
- Societal Engagement
- ESG Ratings and Rankings
Global Compact – the Corporate Initiative of the United Nations
Bayer has been among the first signatories of the United Nations Global Compact and their 10 principles in 2000.
Through its signature, Bayer has for example committed to
- support the protection of human rights within its sphere of influence,
- guarantee international labor standards,
- improve environmental protection and
- fight corruption and bribery.
As a signatory Bayer reports each year on the progress they have made in implementing the 10 principles. At Bayer, the Sustainability Report serves as a progress report in which we describe how we embed the 10 principles within our strategies and processes, and what efforts we undertake to support societal priorities. It also meets the requirements of the Blueprint for Corporate Sustainability Leadership Criteria, which have applied at Bayer since we joined the UNGC’s corporate sustainability leadership initiative LEAD in 2011. Here we are active in two platforms.
Over the past decade we have steadily expanded our commitment to the Global Compact. For example, we became a signatory to the CEO Water Mandate and the Caring for Climate initiative. And we have signed the Women’s Empowerment Principles, a set of seven principles governing gender equality that sum up how women can be strengthened in the workplace, on the employment market and in the community. In 2019, we joined the Science Based Target Initiative and thus support ambitious goals with respect to the protection of water resources and the climate.
To ensure that the 10 principles of the UN Global Compact are anchored in our business operations, we have developed guidelines, policies and company positions that are binding for all employees around the world. This applies equally to our suppliers, whom we obligate to observe the 10 principles worldwide.