- At a Glance
- Strategy & Targets
- ESG Ratings and Rankings
- Climate, Environment and Safety
Management & Governance
- Bayer Sustainability Council
- Bayer Bioethics Council
- Stakeholder Dialogue
- UN Global Compact
- Group Regulations
- Protection of Biodiversity
- Modern Slavery Act Statement
- Position on Global Product Strategy
- Position on Responsible Care
- Position on Deforestation and Forest Degradation
- Position on Insect Decline
- Raising the Bar on Crop Protection Safety Standards
- UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Position on Sustainable Beef Production
- Supplier Management
- Commitment & Overview
- Political Engagement
- Code of Conduct for Responsible Lobbying
- Transfers of Values to Healthcare Professionals
- Science Collaborations
- Product Stewardship
- Transparency Reporting
- Societal Engagement
An independent, external Council advises Bayer on bioethical questions relating to emerging Life Science technologies.
Science and technology are advancing rapidly, and Bayer is proud to contribute to this development to achieve its vision “Health for all, Hunger for none”. The pace at which science is evolving, and the possibilities that these innovations create, raise challenging ethical questions. We have therefore established the Bayer Bioethics Council, an external advisory body consisting of independent experts. By bringing in a societal perspective, it helps Bayer identify relevant bioethical questions and provides advice on how to answer them. The Council’s purpose is to support Bayer in further developing bioethical guidelines for its decision making.
The Bioethics Council provides ethical expertise and educational support to Bayer with regards to bioethics matters in the context of R&D-related innovation in life sciences, with a focus on medical topics, bioengineering and artificial intelligence, and which may concern the discovery, development, manufacturing, and use of human health directed treatments and therapies as well as agricultural products and practices for implementation.
The Bioethics Council
- advises Bayer on how to ensure bioethics is an integral part of the R&D contributions,
- examines Bayer’s policies with respect to bioethics and provides input on strategic shifts,
- evaluates Bayer’s progress towards the implementation of its bioethics strategies and guidelines,
- consults on the main drivers behind contemporary bioethics topics (i.e. technological advancement and social change) relevant to Bayer’s work.
The Bioethics Council is an independent advisory body without executive power on the operational business. It supports Bayer across all of its divisions and meets twice a year in full.