- At a Glance
Management & Governance
- Sustainability Management
- Bayer Sustainability Council
- Stakeholder Dialogue
- UN Global Compact
- Group Regulations
- Protection of Biodiversity
- Modern Slavery Act Statement
- Position on Global Product Strategy
- Position on Responsible Care
- Bayer Water Position
- Position on Deforestation and Forest Degradation
- Postion on Insect Decline
- Raising the Bar on Crop Protection Safety Standards
- UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Position on Sustainable Beef Production
- Responsible Business Conduct
- Climate, Environment and Safety
- Societal Engagement
- ESG Ratings and Rankings
Responsible Care – Bayer Group Position
Consistent with the Bayer Group Sustainable Development (SD) Policy, the Global Charter Responsible Care and Quality Management will define the ecological pillar of the triple bottom line (economy, ecology, society) concept of Sustainable Development.
Within this approach the Bayer Group will strive for continuous improvement in the fields of health, safety and environment. In practice this means to:
Minimize HSEQ Risks to the People, Environment and the Company by:
- Identifying, assessing and managing HSEQ risks at all sites / locations,
- Addressing product-related issues and their potential impacts at all stages of life-cycle along the product chain,
- Responsibly addressing the impacts of past practices while striving to identify and avoid potential future adverse effects,
- Using energy and natural resources efficiently and minimizing waste generation,
- Ensuring the safe and environmentally sound treatment, handling, storage and disposal of hazardous waste,
- Considering QHSE aspects in the evaluation and selection of suppliers, carriers, distributors and contractors,
- Cooperating with all partners in our supply chain to add value and to promote continuous performance improvement.
Integrate Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality (HSEQ) Management as Part of the Business Strategies and Processes by:
- Ensuring that the HSEQ policies, key requirements and related guidelines are implemented globally,
- Maintaining appropriate Management Systems,
- Developing annual and long-term HSEQ objectives, measuring and publicly reporting HSEQ performance and demonstrating continuous improvement,
- Verifying compliance with internal and external requirements through audits.
Promote HSEQ Awareness and an Incident-Free Culture by:
- Developing and maintaining appropriate HSEQ programs,
- Striving for continuous improvement of all our business processes, products and services,
- Ensuring that our employees understand their HSEQ responsibilities and how to meet current and future HSEQ challenges, goals and objectives,
- Providing appropriate resources to implement this strategy.
Promote Dialogue on Responsible Care with Our Stakeholders by:
- Soliciting the concerns and expectations of our stakeholders regarding our business, products and services,
- Engaging them in a dialogue and responding while demonstrating the benefits of our products and of our doing to our employees, the public, local communities and our customers,
- Working with other industry leaders to identify and share best practices in Responsible Care.
This Bayer Group position on Responsible Care is implemented by the divisions, business units and service companies.