This app (hereinafter the “App“) is provided by Bayer Aktiengesellschaft (hereinafter „us“ or „we“). For further information regarding the provider of the App please refer to our imprint.
Bayer AG, Leverkusen, Germany
represented by the Management Board:
Werner Baumann, Chairman
Liam Condon, Wolfgang Nickl, Stefan Oelrich, Heiko Schipper
Bayer AG - Crop Science Division
40789 Monheim am Rhein, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)2173 38 0
E-mail: Clickhere for e-mail inquiries
A. Handling of personal data
In the following we wish to provide you with information on how we handle your personal data when you use our App. Unless otherwise indicated in the following chapters, the legal basis for the handling of your personal data results from the fact that such handling is required to make available the functionalities of the App requested by you (Art. 6(1)(b) General Data Protection Regulation).
I. Using our App
1. Accessing our App
In order to make available to you the services of our App, it will transfer the following information to us, every time you use our App:
- IP address
- Date and time of access
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Operating system information
- Status of access/HTTP status code
- Transferred volume of data
- Language settings, version of app
- Log-in credentials (username and password)
To protect our legitimate interests, we will store such information for a limited period of time in order to be able to initiate a tracking of personal data in the event of actual or attempted unauthorized access to our servers (Art. 6(1)(f) General Data Protection Regulation).
2.Registration and login
In order to be able to use our App, you need to first register an account with us, where you are able to determine your personal login credentials that you need to use to log into our App. For this registration and subsequent login procedure, we collect the following information about you: User name and password
- User name and password
We process this personal data in order to provide you with an access to our App and the service therein. They are automatically deleted in case you deactivate your user account.
3.Third party login services / single sign on
Subject to you providing your consent (Art. 6(1)(a) General Data Protection Regulation), we provide you with the possibility to register to our services by using the third party login service provider Microsoft Azure AD (hereinafter “Login-Service Provider”). In order to use this login service, you will be asked to login to Login-Service Provider’s service using your respective login credentials. By doing so, your profile will be connected to our service, which means that Login-Service Provider receives the information that you use our service and we automatically receive the following information about you:
- The fact that the identity has been authenticated by Login-Service Provider
4.Access to your device’s interfaces
In order for our App to function properly, we need to access and use the following interfaces of your mobile device for the following purposes:
GPS coordinates for trial location
Take photos of trials
Store and access trial photos
B. Information regarding your rights
The following rights are in general available to you according to applicable data privacy laws:
- Right of information about your personal data stored by us;
- Right to request the correction, deletion or restricted processing of your personal data;
- Right to object to a processing for reasons of our own legitimate interest, public interest, or profiling, unless we are able to proof that compelling, warranted reasons superseding your interests, rights and freedom exist, or that such processing is done for purposes of the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- Right to data portability;
- Right to file a complaint with a data protection authority;
- You may at any time with future effect revoke your consent to the collection, processing and use of your personal data. For further information please refer to the chapters above describing the processing of data based on your consent.
If you wish to exercise your rights, please address your request to the contact indicated below (Contact).
For any questions you may have with respect to data privacy, please use the data privacy contact form or contact our company data protection officer at the following address:
Group Data Protection Officer
D. Amendment of this Privacy Statement
We may update our Privacy Statement from time to time. Updates of our Privacy Statement will be published on our App. Any amendments become effective upon publication on our App. We therefore recommend that you regularly visit the site to keep yourself informed on possible updates.
Last updated: 05.05.2020.