- Climate Change
- Reducing Crop Protection’s Environmental Impact
- Empowering Smallholder Farmers
- Food System Resilience
- Education & Outreach
- Sustainable Agriculture in practice: Bayer Forward Farms
- Genetically Modified Crops and Bayer
- News & Stories
China Safety Certificate Trader Forms
New applications for safety certificates are now available through the links below (under How to Request Final Chinese Safety Certificates for Monsanto Company and/or Bayer CropScience LP (collectively and hereinafter “Bayer”) Biotech Events).
The Chinese government’s approval of the final safety certificates for the importation of grain from biotech crops is good news for growers who plant crops improved through biotechnology. China is a very important market for these products. The issuance of these final safety certificates as per the guidelines issued in January 2002 will allow for a more predictable process for traders and continued trade of these biotech products.
What Do These Guidelines Require?
These guidelines require a comprehensive review of the safety assessment studies for all imported biotech events. In addition, traders are required to apply for safety certificates from biotechnology trait developers for use in obtaining approval for import from the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs (MARA) prior to shipping into the country.
Which Bayer Products Have Been Granted Safety Certificate Approvals for the MOA?
Safety certificates for the following events have been issued to Bayer by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARA) or Ministry of Agriculture (MOA) of the People’s Republic of China (PRC) through the AgGMO Office, based on proprietary packages of safety information provided by Bayer:
Roundup Ready® Soybean, Event 40-3-2
Roundup Ready® Corn 2, Event NK603
YieldGard® Corn Borer, Event MON810
YieldGard VT™ Corn, Event MON88017
YieldGard VT PRO™ corn, Event MON 89034
DroughtGard® Corn, Event MON 87460
Roundup® Hybridization System Corn, Event MON 87427
Corn Rootworm, Event MON 87411
Bollgard® Cotton, Event 531
Roundup Ready® Cotton, Event 1445
Bollgard II® Cotton, Event 15985
Roundup Ready® Flex Cotton, Event MON88913
Roundup Ready® Canola, Event RT73(GT73)
TruFlexTM Roundup Ready Canola, Event MON 88302
Roundup Ready 2 Yield™ Soybean, Event 89788
Intacta RR2 PRO™ Soybean, Event MON87701XMON89788
Bt Soybean, Event MON 87701
Insect Protected Soybean, Event MON 87751
Roundup Ready® Sugarbeet H7-1
Roundup Ready 2 Xtend® Soybean Event MON 87708
High Oleic Soybean, Event MON 87705
Stearidonic Acid Soybeans (SDA), Event Mon 87769
How Long Are the Certificates Valid?
- Certificates for the events listed above are good for 3 or 5 years from the date of issue or until MARA issues a replacement. Certificates for Intacta RR2 Pro grain from Argentina may be used from the date of issuance through December 16, 2026 or until MARA issues a replacement and will not be used or relied upon for any grain loaded on vessels after February 28, 2023.
- View a complete list of the events expiration.
How to Request Final Chinese Safety Certificates for Bayer Biotech Events:
- Complete the relevant application and email email@example.com, please include a copy of your company letterhead to verify company information
- Application for Intacta RR2 Pro grain from Argentina
- Application for Intacta RR2 Pro and Intacta 2 Xtend grain from Brazil, Paraguay and Uruguay
- Application for all other biotech events
- Your request will be processed and, if issued, a copy emailed to the email/s indicated on the application, typically within 3 to 5 business days