- Who We Are
Profile and Organization
- Our Mission & Strategy
- Our Contributions
- Our Values
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Bayer
- Team Bayer
- Bayer Worldwide
- Corporate Compliance
- Contact Us
Bayer Fosters Diversity in Its Supplier Base
Bayer believes that our personnel and supply base should reflect the diversity of a marketplace that knows no boundaries. Our Supplier Inclusion & Diversity Program showcases our commitment to the economic growth and advancement of underrepresented communities while allowing us to tap into small and diverse businesses that have the potential to strengthen our supply chain, be more responsive, innovative, and in tune with the changing tastes and preferences of our consumers.
The Bayer Supplier Inclusion & Diversity program provides equitable access to procurement opportunities globally. Bayer proactively considers qualified businesses owned by persons who have historically not been granted full participation in business activities. Diverse businesses are those that are majority owned and controlled by women, people with disabilities, LGBT+ people, minorities or members of other disadvantaged communities.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion plays an important role in Bayer’s success and in driving innovative supply chain solutions. Sustaining and growing Bayer’s business requires diverse perspectives and the flexibility to collaborate with a variety of people and companies. Increasing our diverse supplier base and sharing our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and access with all suppliers ensures Bayer is improving the social and economic outcomes for underrepresented communities.
Conducting business with diverse suppliers enhances Bayer’s competitive advantage which enables Bayer to provide innovative and cost-effective products to customers. These efforts contribute to sustainable and inclusive economic growth and enable diverse suppliers to grow to meet Bayer’s sourcing needs.
The advocacy organizations we partner with allow Bayer to identify diverse suppliers and participate in education, mentoring, and networking opportunities to develop diverse suppliers. These organizations also certify companies as diverse owned. Please find the organizations we work with under the headings below:
- WEConnect International – global network that connects women-owned businesses in 120+ countries to qualified buyers around the world
- Disability:IN – leading nonprofit resource for business disability inclusion worldwide
- NGLCC – largest advocacy organization dedicated to expanding economic opportunities and advancement for LGBT+ people, and the exclusive certifying body for LGBT-owned businesses
- Women's Business Enterprise National Council – non-profit organization dedicated to helping women-owned businesses thrive
- Women's Business Enterprise Council Metro New York – New York regional advocate for women-owned businesses
- National Minority Supplier Development Council – advances business opportunities for Asian, Black, Hispanic, and Native American businesses enterprises
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs – provides support and resources for Veteran-owned small businesses
- U.S. Small Business Administration – assists small and diverse businesses and promotes the use of small businesses in historically underutilized business zones
- Diversity Alliance for Science – focused on advancing equity and inclusion of diverse businesses in the life science/healthcare global supply chain
- HELIX Supplier Diversity Forum – industry cluster of Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, and Medical companies with a purpose of advancing a diverse supply chain
Awards and Recognition
- In 2023 Bayer was recognized in the silver category for Top Global Champions for Supplier Diversity & Inclusion
- In the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index Bayer received a perfect score of 100% for the 6th consecutive year (2018-2023)
- Bayer received the gold status in the 2023 German Pride Index
- U.S. Reputation & Impact