- Sustainability Commitments
- The Crop Science Sustainability Progress Report
- Climate Change
- Reducing Crop Protection’s Environmental Impact
- Empowering Smallholder Farmers
- Food System Resilience
- Education & Outreach
- Sustainable Agriculture in practice: Bayer ForwardFarming
- Genetically Modified Crops and Bayer
- News & Stories
- Contact Us
- Sustainability Stakeholder Outreach
U.S News - EPA: Glyphosate, the herbicide in Roundup®, does not cause cancer
According to a US News article the Environmental Protection Agency has again reached conclusions that support the long-standing record of safe use for glyphosate, the main active ingredient in many Roundup® brand weed killers.
The article notes that glyphosate does not cause cancer or pose a public health risk when proper application procedures are followed.
Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue cheered the EPA finding, saying it is based on science and consistent with the findings of other regulatory authorities.