Bayer’s Commitment to Fighting Counterfeit Drugs
- Health at Bayer
Treatments & Therapies
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Eye Conditions
- Healthy Aging
- Hormonal & Reproductive Health
Innovation & Technologies
- Cell and Gene Therapy
- Patient Access Charter
- Leadership Perspective
- Strengthening Healthcare Access
Empowering Women, Globally
- Boosting Family Planning Usage through Digital Channels
- Capacity building: Addressing Root Causes through Partnerships
- Impact at Scale: The Challenge Initiative
- Promoting Awareness: World Contraception Day (WCD) & the Your Life Campaign
- Providing Accessible and Affordable Contraceptives
- Enabling Family Planning in Humanitarian Settings
- Fighting Neglected Tropical Diseases
- Moving Non-Communicable Diseases Care Forward
- Ensuring a Sustainable Product Supply
- Delivering Better Cancer Care
- News & Stories
- Clinical Trials Explorer
- Transparency Policy
- Treatments & Therapies
- Our Commitments
- Report a Side Effect
- Medical Counterfeits
With its “Beware of Counterfeits” campaign Bayer is joining the fight against counterfeit medicines in close cooperation with national and international authorities.
Bayer has started its “Beware of Counterfeits” campaign to target the issue of counterfeited medicines. Close cooperation with national and international authorities help to make the campaign a success.
The company’s commitment consists of different cross-functional measures that are all brought together under one roof. This way, Bayer protects both patients and products.
By closely coordinating with public authorities, Bayer investigates specific cases and gathers relevant evidence.
When perpetrators are identified, all possible actions through criminal or civil law are taken to bring them to justice – this is part of the “zero tolerance” policy.
To protect products from being counterfeited, Bayer uses various technical methods – similar to anti-counterfeiting features on bank notes. These identifying features help patients recognize original products.
Cooperation with Authorities
Without the combined efforts of the customs or criminal investigation departments, Bayer could not effectively prosecute counterfeiters. This cooperation is an important component of the cross-functional management at Bayer.
You, as patient, benefit from the profound knowledge at Bayer: Various awareness campaigns – whether an information event or different product brochures and flyers – teach you how you can avoid counterfeit medicines.