- At a Glance
- Strategy & Targets
- ESG Ratings and Rankings
- Climate, Environment and Safety
Management & Governance
- Bayer Sustainability Council
- Bayer Bioethics Council
- Stakeholder Dialogue
- UN Global Compact
- Group Regulations
- Protection of Biodiversity
- Modern Slavery Act Statement
- Position on Global Product Strategy
- Position on Responsible Care
- Position on Deforestation and Forest Degradation
- Position on Insect Decline
- Raising the Bar on Crop Protection Safety Standards
- UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Position on Sustainable Beef Production
- Supplier Management
- Commitment & Overview
- Political Engagement
- Code of Conduct for Responsible Lobbying
- Transfers of Values to Healthcare Professionals
- Science Collaborations
- Product Stewardship
- Transparency Reporting
- Societal Engagement
Bayer Sustainability Policy
The Sustainability Policy demonstrates Bayer’s strong commitment to sustainability. It outlines the critical role of sustainability for Bayer as well as clear standards, roles & responsibilities in sustainability management.
Bayer aspires to be an impact generator for sustainability that helps people and planet thrive through its businesses. By addressing critical sustainability challenges in the areas of health and nutrition, Bayer creates new business opportunities and ensures the sustainable growth of the company. This approach is very different from traditional Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) approaches that typically do not affect the core business but focus on public relations or charity.
Sustainability is integral to our vision, values, strategy and operations. It is embedded in our business strategies and our way of doing business. Therefore, it covers Bayer’s entire value chain including sourcing, own operations, and products and services sold. We apply responsible business practices along our entire value chain. Sustainability is anchored in our Bayer Societal Engagement (BASE) Principles and our LIFE values (under integrity – “Act sustainably and be a role model”).
Sustainability is a key lever for our vision “Health for all, Hunger for none”. Our sustainability ambitions include the following core elements: We promote inclusive growth and a sustainable use of resources to help people and planet thrive. Sustainability and financial performance go hand in hand.